Release Date – 16 June 2014
Release Type – Maintenance
Version 5.3.1 of Stocker Warehouse Management System is now available for download from the PulseStar website. This release focuses on three main enhancements
- Stocker Lite has been discontinued
- The free edition of Stocker WMS has been discontinued
- Improved support of SQL Server 2012 and 2014
- Improvements to installation procedures
SQL Server Support
Stocker, at least for the moment, continues to be centred around SQL Server 2008 as this is the last edition which can be installed on Windows XP – which is still supported by Stocker WMS.
However, if you currently have SQL Server 2012 or 2014 it is now possible to install Stocker to make use of these two versions. It is also far easier to upgrade all the way from SQL Server 2005 through to 2014.
Improvements to Installers
As mentioned above Stocker can be be installed to use existing instances of SQL Server 2005, 2008, and now for SQL Server 2012 and 2014.
Support is now also included for installing Stocker on 64bit machines with an existing 64bit version of SQL Server. The Express Editions of SQL Server installed with Stocker are installed as 32bit versions within the WoW64 subsystem. Now, when looking for an existing instance of SQL Server, the installation programs first look for a 32bit version then, if none is found, they will look for a 64bit version.
To assist in upgrading Stocker, the installers (setup programs) now have the option to pick up and restore backups of users own databases or restore the standard databases provided by the installers.
A number of other enhancements have been provided in version 5.3.1.
- Added BBE/receipt dates to Movement History (activity log)
- Stock enquiries/reports only show BBE date when applicable
- Incorporated facility for custom reports
- Improved manual stock selection for Warehouse Shipments
- Improvements when manually creating replenishments
- New action for warehouse shipments – create part pallet picking lists ONLY. That is, do not also create full pallet movement instructions for the order(s).
For more details of support logs associated with this release refer to the Release Notes on the main PulseStar website.